Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thanks

Other than a few COA denials, I haven't found any new AEDPA decisions today. So I wanted to take the time to give a general thank you to my fellow bloggers for pointing some traffic my way. Also wanted to thank Kent Scheidegger of Crime & Consequences (always an excellent read) for the welcome (and the traffic).

The first few days starting this blog, I wasn't sure anyone would care. After all, AEDPA has been around for more than a decade (eek!) and a lot of ink has been spent on this subject in law reviews and bar journals. Not necessarily a bad thing - it takes a lot of ink to explain even a sub-topic of AEDPA jurisprudence! That being said, I'm hoping people stay interested in this blog as the law further evolves and can use what I have to say as a resource. I want to keep this blog relevant not just for habeas attorneys, but also state prosecutors and AUSAs, law professors, judicial clerks, and even law students struggling to understand the subject for the first time.

Please email me at aedpa.blog@gmail.com with any questions, comments or suggestions. This is a brand new blog and I'm a brand new blogger - I'll take all the help I can get! Obviously all comments will be kept in confidence - after all, those in glass houses...... :)